[YARG] xls formatters

Hello,
We’re trying to evaluate YARG as a viable replacement for birt for reports.

I have a question on formatting the cells on xls. I am trying to make a table group where it would list a series of items each shop has and in the end of the list it would give the group totals. it would be something like

${table_header}
${shop_name}
${item} ${description}
${total_no_of_items}
${shop_name}
${item} ${description}
etc

what i’ve tried is by putting SUM(CELL:CELL) but it outputs the sum with the range of the whole table and not per shop.
I’ve looked into the breakdown example in the yarg guide but what it does is doing a separate query for the group totals.
is there a way to do it without using a query for the summaries of each group?

Hello.

Please see the example.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the example.

Hi!

Thanks for putting up this example. I got to test it and it worked.
but that was how i did it on my test. the only difference is that my template is saved as xls and not xlsx.

i tried converting the example template from xlsx to xls and the same problem occurred
with the output.

The cell C5 in the services.xlsx file in the example has a value of SUM(C3:C3)
SUM(C3:C8) is rendered when i converted services.xlsx to xls when the expected output should be SUM(C3:C4) and SUM(C7:C8)
on each service (IT Support and Technical Support)

does it not work with xls files? i’m editing my templates with OpenOffice so I can’t save xlsx

another question what if you want to get the sum of all the totals? what range do you need to put on the cell?

Hello.

Unfortunately, YARG has very limited support of formulas for XLS format. I suggest to use modern XLSX format, because we have implemented much features there - complex formulas inside and outside bands, charts, etc.

As I know, it’s not a big deal to open/save XLSX files with Open/Libre Office. I’ve just tried to do it and had success.

About formula summming formulas - you can have it in same band with totals, and it should work fine.