Where can I find the "Credit card payments support" feature and how to integrate into web app?

I have subscribed the premium Addons planning to integrate “Credit card payments support” into a simple web app. This feature was described at:
Base Projects - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual
Could anyone point me to the right document/URL, ideally any sample project that uses the payment feature?
Thanks in advance,
-Mike

1 Like

Update: with premium Addons, “ccpayments” IS available as a selection in “PROJECT PROPERTIES”->“Base projects”.
Is there any documents or sample project demonstrating how it is used?

Thanks,
-Mike

Hi Mike.
Unfortunately, ccPayments is not documented at the moment. For this reason, we did not market it on the website as part of Premium Addons.
The addons is actually ready and working, and we have been using it internally in a couple of projects. Just never had time to document properly. We will likely do this in the next few months though.

What I can suggest at the moment is that we can create a sample project using ccPayments for your guidance. This will take one or two weeks.

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I am very excited to see “Credit Card Payments” menu appears in my app. It has four submenus. Unfortunately I do not think I am able to integrate to a payment gateway service without your further help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you,
-Mike

Mike,
Could you drop us an email describing your requirements / business case to handle the credit card transactions? In particular, what payments provider do you intend to use? Why do you not want to leave payments processing on the provider side?
This would help to understand your case and provide a relevant example/feedback.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Andrey,

Our web app is for some retailer shops. Customer pay via credit card. The app get credit card information, we do not store any info on the server, just pass on to the credit card processing service provider like stripe.com.

The project is part of a bigger system, and submit payment from javascript is not feasible.

Should further information required, please let me know.

Thanks a lot,
-Mike

Hi Mike,

Could you please clarify a couple of details:

• Do you have repeated payments? E.g. when the price changed and you need to charge/refund over the existing payment, or if people subscribe for monthly payments.
  • Do you want users to be able to store a credit card and re-use it in the future?
  • Do you want users to pay from external website (portal module) and not from CUBA generic UI?
  • Do you want users to be redirected to external payment page and provide all credit card details there to avoid sensitive data going to your server?
  • Do you want to use 3d secure payment authentication?

Integration with Credit Card providers is highly dependant on a payment gateway you are integrating with. So, we need to understand your requrements and then will see what provider is the most suitable for you and how it can be integrated into a CUBA application.

Regards,
Aleksey

Hi Aleksey,

Please see my comment below. Thanks for your help.

Do you have repeated payments? E.g. when the price changed and you need to charge/refund over the existing payment, or if people subscribe for monthly payments.
[Mike] Yes. Refund is part of the business operations.

Do you want users to be able to store a credit card and re-use it in the future?
[Mike] Yes if user’s credit card infor is stored on payment gateway’s server. For security compliance reason, we do not store any user payment information on our own server.

Do you want users to pay from external website (portal module) and not from CUBA generic UI?
[Mike] Yes. Actually portal is the ONLY module we provide to user. The credit card payment go through this GUI.

Do you want users to be redirected to external payment page and provide all credit card details there to avoid sensitive data going to your server?
[Mike] Yes. In this case, does user’s credit card information reach our server (SSL encrypted)?

Do you want to use 3d secure payment authentication?
[Mike] We do not plan to do 3rd party authentication. We assume and 100% rely on the payment gateway to handle it. To be honest, I am not quite sure how it exactly works when the 3rd secure payment authentication involved.

Integration with Credit Card providers is highly dependant on a payment gateway you are integrating with. So, we need to understand your requrements and then will see what provider is the most suitable for you and how it can be integrated into a CUBA application.
[Mike] Currently we want to integrate with stripe.com.

Kind regards,
-Mike

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the detailed information. We are going to integrate with our app, and I will update with how it goes.

-Mike