Weird date change issue with grouptable

Hi,
we are experiencing a very strange issue, we have a simple date field in a table.
When I try to filter a grouptable by that, the filter will work by the real stored data, but the grouptable will display a day less in the column :open_mouth:
The only thing I recall I’ve done yesterday is moving to version 6.8.9, but now I have undone that, and the issue is still there. Could you please help me?

Cheers
Gabor

Actually the date is wrong everywhere, but the stored data in the database is 27/06/2018

Hi,

Is the issue is reproduced only in this particular project or in any project on your PC? Could you please attache a demo project or share information about:

1. Date attribute definition within the entity
  2. Your PC timezone
  3. Have you changed timezone setting for the application user?
  4. Does the issue reproduce for all date attributes of all entities?

Regards,
Gleb

Hi Gleb,

thank you for picking this up. Yesterday I have found out what it was, it was the timezone indeed! It couldn’t be reproduced on a single machine, as usual, just on staging and live environments where the components are running on different machines. The issue was that I have changed the timezone in the docker VM from UTC to London/England to have the correct date/times in the logs, and especially for the watchdog which is watching the background services (when were they run last time) However I have changed it only on the core modules so there were one hour difference in between the core and the web (and the portal) module. As soon as I’d changed it on all of them, the problem had gone away.
For me the interesting question is that how can a grid(and all of the data components, probably the datasource) display a different value other than the stored when there is a timezone (or other settings difference)?

Thanks for your help
Gabor

These components take into account the timezone and locale setting when providing a presentation value (e.g. formatted string value) which the user sees.

Yeah, but still, the displayed field is only a date without time (not a timestamp) and the possible difference was only one hour (and we don’t have any records near to midnight) , and there is no difference in the display format AFAIK…

I think I know it, probably the field is converted into a timestamp at some point. As a date without a time could be ‘date, 00:00:00’ converted into a timestamp, and then BST ‘date 00:00:00’ is ‘date - one day 23:00:00’ in UTC
That would explain it.

Yes, indeed.

Regards,
Gleb

Thanks for your help again!

Gabor