Web toolkit error in maps-addon

Hi,
I’ve recently installed the Maps add-on and I’m getting the following exception during runtime:

Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.gp.jbp.web.toolkit.ui.AppWidgetSet/com.gp.jbp.web.toolkit.ui.AppWidgetSet.nocache.js?1616496028054

I’ve already tried several times to clear & redeploy the project but the problem persists. I am using the latest version of the cuba platform. Is there something else that I should do?

Regards,
George

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the problem. Do you have other add-ons that provide web-toolkit module, e.g. chats? If the problem still persists, could you please attach a demo project? For now, I can suggest doing the following:

1. Stop the app
  2. Run the following Gradle tasks in the project root directory:

Linux, macOS

./gradlew clean dropTomcat setupTomcat assemble deploy

Windows

gradlew clean dropTomcat setupTomcat assemble deploy

Gleb

Hi Gleb,
I’ve followed your instructions and now it is working properly.

Thanks

Hi Gleb

I’ve encountered this issue a couple of times and as other posters have mentioned, it generally happens when adding add-ons or upgrading versions of the CUBA platform etc. In my case we have just upgraded to 7.2.13 but need to keep the 7.1 version around to test for regressions. If I switch between these two environments the issue arises.
This is what I"m experiencing now among other issues. This is a pretty annoying issue as it can take a very long time to debug and resolve. It would be great if a solid foolproof solution could be developed.

Hi,

It’s unclear what does it mean “switch between two environments”, but it’s recommended to do full clear and redeploy of app since different platform versions have different dependency versions and you need to update jar files in Tomcat.

Linux, macOS

./gradlew clean dropTomcat setupTomcat assemble deploy

Windows

gradlew clean dropTomcat setupTomcat assemble deploy

dropTomcat setupTomcat can be replaced with undeploy

Gleb

Hi Gleb thanks for the quick response. By two environments I meant (java 8/Tomcat 8/Cuba 7.1) & (java 11, Cuba 7.2, Tomcat 9).

I haven’t determined the exact issue but executing the sequence of commands you’ve suggested doesn’t always work for some reason. I’m up and running now but I ever figure out the exact circumstances that lead to this behavior I’ll post my findings to the forum.

Hello Gleb,
facing the orginal mentioned error:

Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.company.lkwkartell.web.toolkit.ui.AppWidgetSet/com.company.lkwkartell.web.toolkit.ui.AppWidgetSet.nocache.js?1626868580891

Occures during test activities with Maps add-on (first few attempts were ok)

Done all the mentioned recommendations:

• gradlew clean …
  • Rebuild
  • CUBA - Build Tasks - undeploy / clean / assemble

Environment:

• Platform: 7.2.11
  • Studio Plugin: 15.4-202
  • Cuba Studio: 2020.2
  • Java: 1.8.0-241
  • Add-on’s Charts(commercial), Reporting, Helium, Maps (trial)

Any hints would be great.
Thx in advance.
Willi