User Session Parameter

Hi,
In my application one employee can have more than one user id.
I’ve extended entity User with the refer to the entity “Employees”.
1 - How can create a DS that can get only the employee of that logged user?
2 - How can i extend Session Parameters like :session$userId with something like :session$employeeId
Thanks
Manuel

Manuel

1 Like

Hi Manuel,

1 - How can create a DS that can get only the employee of that logged user?

Could you elaborate? Do you want to allow a user to edit properties of his own Employee entity?

2 - How can i extend Session Parameters like :session$userId with something like :session$employeeId

You can set your own session attribute after a user is logged in. Override the connectionStateChanged() method in your App class:

public class App extends DefaultApp {

@Override
    public void connectionStateChanged(Connection connection) throws LoginException {
        super.connectionStateChanged(connection);
        if (connection.getSession() != null) {
            DataManager dataManager = AppBeans.get(DataManager.class);
            Employee employee = dataManager.load(LoadContext.create(Employee.class).setQuery(
                    LoadContext.createQuery("select u.employee from demo$ExtUser u where u.id = :userId")
                            .setParameter("userId", connection.getSession().getUser().getId())));
            connection.getSession().setAttribute("employeeId", employee);
        }
    }
}

After that, you can use :session$employeeId parameter in datasource queries.

2 Likes

Hi Konstantin,
Could you elaborate? Do you want to allow a user to edit properties of his own Employee entity?
Exactly I want that all employee is allowed to edit his own properties .

Thanks for the response!!

Assuming you already have an Employee edit screen, you should open it with the particular Employee instance which is related to the current user.
You can do it if you create a “screen launcher” class and use it in menu instead of the editor screen. The launcher class may look as follows:

package com.company.demo.web.employee;

import com.company.demo.entity.Employee;
import com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.AppBeans;
import com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.DataManager;
import com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.LoadContext;
import com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.UserSessionSource;
import com.haulmont.cuba.gui.WindowManager;
import com.haulmont.cuba.gui.WindowManagerProvider;
import com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.WindowConfig;
import com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.WindowInfo;

import java.util.concurrent.Callable;

public class SelfEmployee implements Callable {

@Override
    public Object call() throws Exception {
        DataManager dataManager = AppBeans.get(DataManager.class);
        UserSessionSource uss = AppBeans.get(UserSessionSource.class);

Employee employee = dataManager.load(LoadContext.create(Employee.class).setQuery(
                LoadContext.createQuery("select u.employee from demo$ExtUser u where u.id = :userId")
                        .setParameter("userId", uss.getUserSession().getUser().getId())));

WindowManagerProvider windowManagerProvider = AppBeans.get(WindowManagerProvider.class);
        WindowConfig windowConfig = AppBeans.get(WindowConfig.class);
        WindowInfo windowInfo = windowConfig.getWindowInfo("demo$Employee.edit");

return windowManagerProvider.get().openEditor(windowInfo, employee, WindowManager.OpenType.NEW_TAB);
    }
}

Register it in web-screens.xml:

<screen id="selfEmployee"
            class="com.company.demo.web.employee.SelfEmployee"/>

Now you can open the “selfEmployee” screen programmatically or register it in web-menu.xml:

<menu-config xmlns="http://schemas.haulmont.com/cuba/menu.xsd">
    <menu id="application"
          insertBefore="administration">
        <item id="selfEmployee"/>
    </menu>
</menu-config>

Hi Konstantin,
Thanks a lot!!!

Manuel

Hi Konstantin,

can you elaborate why in the example code you showed, you fetched the employee of Type “Employee” but added the employee instance with the name “employeeId” (instead of just “employee”) into the session? Additionally is it possible to get the employee instance out of the session? In case in my program i don’t want to have the id but instead the instance so that i can pass it to a referencing entity in the setter e.g.

Thanks & Bye

Mario

Hi Mario,

I believe it’s just a mistake or a typo. You should be able to save any serializable objects in session, including detached entities.

Why am I getting error after I did the same:

Fixed by changing
<bean id="cuba_App" class="com.dtc.callbook.web.myApp" scope="prototype"/> to
<bean id="cuba_App" class="com.dtc.callbook.web.myApp" scope="vaadin"/>