Use Loopkup Control Instead of Drop Down for Custom Filter Condition

I am creating a basic filter on a browse screen using the “Add new” condition and am finding that when I am designating an Entity type parameter for my condition the control for selecting the Entity is appearing as a drop down rather than a lookup control.

The entity in question is related to the entity I am browsing through a custom many to many table thus the need for a custom condition using a join. My condition looks like this:

Join {E}.counties c
WHERE c.county.id = ?

This works fine however I would like to be able to use a lookup control to select the county instead of a drop down as the list of counties may get very long. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Corey Amoruso

1 Like

Hi Corey,

You can do it using the Entity Statistics feature - see the example at the bottom of the section.

In short, when the filter chooses a component to show a parameter of entity type, it requests the Entity Statistics whether the “lookupScreenThreshold” is exceeded for the entity. And you can tell the statistics what is the current number of records of this entity (it can be any number, not necessarily reflecting reality), and what is the threshold.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you,
Corey Amorso