Updating database not working

I keep getting errors like:

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry ‘10-cuba/update/mysql/16/160405-createUniqSysCategory.sql’ for key ‘PRIMARY’

Hi,
Which versions of Studio and the platform do you use?
Have you migrated the project?
How do you update the database? Could you describe your actions step-by-step?

Hi,

I’ve upgraded from 6.6 to 6.8.1.

I have migrated the project (as in it now compiles), but I normally update the database manually as I got it into a state where none of the updates would run and I’m not sure how to tidy it up.

Now I need to update as it complains e.g. LOCALE_NAMES not present in table etc, but I can’t work out how to tidy up the scripts to get the updates I need to run

Not sure I have everything understood. But let me explain here how the DB update occurs.

As written in the documentation Gradle and Automatic DB updater register executed scripts in sys_db_changelog. If the script is registered - it should not be executed anymore.

When the database is created (create-db.sql is executed) the upgrade-scripts are marked as “executed”: just written to sys_db_changelog (the corresponding tables are already in create-db.sql)

Assumably the error means that the 160405-createUniqSysCategory.sql script has been already executed and now you try to register it again.