Translation support for dynamic picklists

CUBA provides built-in support for translation of screens and labels, etc. but how do we handle cases where the system supports dynamic picklists (e.g. Customer Statuses, Order Statuses, etc) that are maintained inside the system? These are dynamic picklists where the users can add more picklist items as required, so an enum is not ideal.

I’m thinking about creating a Picklist entity with fields like:

• StatusId
  • Title_EN
  • Title_DE
  • Title_FR
  • Title_IT
  • Title_Xxx

Where I have a different Title field for each possible supported language and then display the Title corresponding to the currently selected Language in all dropdown selectors. There would be a maintenance screens where an administrator could edit the languages for all picklist items.

Is this a good plan or is there a better way to do it? If this is a good way to do it, how would one write the queries to display the title corresponding to the currently selected language?

Thanks in advance

An example of what I’m trying to achieve would be to refer to this tutorial: High productivity application development platform

Let’s say I want to localize the CustomerGroup->Name property, how would I go about doing that?

This must surely be a common requirement?

Thanks in advance