Transfer UI items from one screen to another

Here’s a simple picture of what I have to do:

1. There are two windows on the picture. The first encompasses everything you can see, the second is the black box (it is a completely separate screen, which is placed in the bigger one). The green box is a side menu.
  2. I have to transfer the Red box, which are just a few labels and buttons with some functionality connected to the Table below, in the Green box and keep it doing what it’s supposed to be doing.
  3. I have to remove the content of the Green box for this screen.

cuba

I am guessing it’s something related to page parents, but I don’t know where to start. If You can give me pointers on what I should read and try it would be very good.

Hi!

Do you want to move components at runtime or just move code and XML mark-up from one screen to another?

Hi Yuriy,

it must happen at runtime, according to some specifications , which don’t matter.

Unfortunately, UI components are bound to the initial parent frame, thus you cannot move them. Instead of moving components to the panel, I’d recommend that you create a Frame with these components that will be created in the screen and when needed you can create a new instance of the same Frame in the panel.

See openFrame method: AbstractFrame - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual