Tomcat hanging - stuck at Initializing ExecutorService 'scheduler'

Hi,

I’m running into a problem with Tomcat getting stuck on this action during startup…

[localhost-startStop-1] com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.CubaThreadPoolTaskScheduler - Initializing ExecutorService ‘scheduler’

Up to this point, there are no errors and so I am not sure why its not starting. When I try to re-start, I get this error in catalina.out…

ERROR: transport error 202: bind failed: Address already in use
ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510)
JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197): No transports initialized [debugInit.c:750]
FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP No transports initialized, jvmtiError=AGENT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_INIT(197)

I have tried recreating my build/tomcat folder (delete and rebuild using gradlew setupTomcat) but that has not helped.

I am at a loss as to what is blocking my app from starting up so am hoping you could provide some ideas as to where I can look into. I’ve uploaded my app.log if that helps.

Regards,
Eddy

app.log (17.2 KB)

Ok, I’ve traced it to an app component that is included in the project. If I remove the component, it runs however I’m not sure what in this component is causing the problems. Previous versions of the component were able to run without an issue. Will investigate this further.

If you have any suggestions, they are most welcome.

I would recommend increasing log level to DEBUG or TRACE, it may shed more light on what is happening.

As for the “Address already in use” error - it indicates that a previously launched Tomcat instance is still active and you should kill it.