Theme extension in Add on module is not reflect in project

I have created an add-on when uses Theme Extension to modify the Havana theme. It works fine by itself. When I included this add-on into another project, the customized Havana theme and files is not deployed / included in the new project. It shows only the standard Havana theme. How do I make the add-on Theme enhancements show in the new project ?

Hi,

did you extended the Havana theme in the target project? If not, then you need to extend it, so the project theme uses all available Havana theme extension in the result build.

Regards,
Gleb

Hi Gleb,

How are we able to develop theme at appComponent A then reuse in higher level CUBA Project ?

Regards,
CK

Hi,

Do you mean a new theme, i.e. with its own name, or an existing theme extension?

Regards,
Gleb

Hi Gleb,

It is an existing theme extension from appComponent A then we plan to reuse at Higher Level CUBA Project … No need to COPY or re-extend at Higher Level CUBA Project.

Regards,
CK

Extended theme from addon (appComponent) should work when this addon is added to a project. The only assumption I have is that you added theme extension after app-component.xml has been generated so it misses the theme extension information. Please check that your addon’s app-component.xml contains the following:

<module name="web" dependsOn="global" blocks="web">
    <artifact name="myapp-web" ext="jar" configuration="themes"/>

Regards,
Gleb

Hi Gleb,

I checked my appComponent A and I have below. However, CUBA Project B is not show the extended havana theme. Is that anything we miss ?

<artifact name="myapp-web" ext="jar" configuration="themes"/>

Regards,
CK

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the issue. Could you please attach a demo project that reproduces the problem?

Regards,
Gleb