Systeminformation > Insert script with blob as column

Hi,

i found a little bug:

If you open the entity inspector in 6.5.1 (probably in older versions too) and take the ReportTemplate Entity e.g… There is a column called “content” which has the template file (e.g. word file) as a blob included. When i now open the “Systeminformation” > “Insert script” it looks like this (at the end you’ll find a “[B@6d2c2750)” in it):
Perhaps you might want to take a look at it.

Thanks & Bye
Mario

insert into REPORT_TEMPLATE 
(ID, VERSION, CREATE_TS, CREATED_BY, UPDATE_TS, UPDATED_BY, REPORT_ID, OUTPUT_TYPE, CODE, IS_CUSTOM, CUSTOM_CLASS, CUSTOM_DEFINED_BY, OUTPUT_NAME_PATTERN, NAME, CONTENT) 
values ('77fdfdc3-1192-8cff-e947-9ebd699c6414', 3, '2017-05-16 11:27:27', 'admin', '2017-05-16 11:28:54', 'admin', '49802003-685b-1635-63e3-748158639d8c', 20, 'DEFAULT', false, '', 100, 'Customer-sheet.docx', 'Template for report -Customer-sheet-.docx', [B@6d2c2750);

Hi Mario,
The content of a report template is stored as byte[].
Properties of an entity with the type ByteArray are presented similarly in the scripts. We have not found a better way to print a value of the ByteArray field as it might be huge. We also should not leave it empty in scripts as the user will not see that it is filled.

Could you suggest how to display a value of the byte[]?

Regards.

Hi Rostislav,

i would just expect that it works the same way as the JSON export works, as the same constraints apply there, right?

I don’t really have an answer to this besides the above. Perhaps another additional button in case it has a blob as a property: “Insert script with blob” or something :slight_smile:

Bye
Mario

:ticket: See the following issue in our bug tracker:

https://youtrack.cuba-platform.com/issue/PL-9162