Studio screen generation ButtonsPanel: alwaysVisible = true

Hi,

i saw recently that studio, when it generates the standard browse screen, set’s the attribute alwaysVisible to true. But on the other hand the default value of the XML attribute is false (because when i remove the attribute it the buttons disappear when the lookup is used for the browser).

Is there any reason why you defined different default values to the scaffolding vs. code? If yes, what is your preferred way and why?

Bye,
Mario

Hi Mario,
Our motivation was the following: initially ButtonsPanel had no such attribute and was hidden when a screen opened as a lookup. Then we realized that it is not always good and added this “alwaysVisible” attribute, “false” by default to not break behaviour of existing screens. Now we think that it’s better for new screens to always show ButtonsPanel to eliminate confusion. And when the attribute is explicitly set in XML, it’s easier for a developer to notice it and find out what it is for.

Hi Konstantin,

ok, sounds reasonable. Thanks for the explanation. I’ll probably just cut it off my studio scaffolding for browse screen, because i think it’s more often that i want to use the feature than not.

Bye,
Mario