Studio release 13 is out!

Hi everyone,

We are happy to inform you that we’ve just released a new version of the CUBA Studio - 13.0.
Release notes are available on the CUBA platform web site.

You can download CUBA Studio 13.0 here or update the plugin right from your IDE.

Notable changes include:

• Support for CUBA 7.2
  • Rearrangement of the Screen Designer layout
  • Table columns and actions are now displayed in the Component Hierarchy
  • Component creation wizard dialogs
  • Improved project creation wizard
  • Command line arguments and environment variables for the CUBA Application run configuration
  • Convenient editing for the Data Store connection parameters
  • Suggestions for Locale codes
  • Standalone IDE upgraded to Intellij Platform 2019.2
  • and other features, improvements and bug fixes

Beta users
We would like to thank all community members that have tried the BETA version. In order to return back to stable plugin version, do the following:

• Open the IDEA Settings → Plugins dialog.
  • Uninstall CUBA plugin
  • Click to the :gear: icon and select Manage Plugin Repositories.
  • Remove “beta” repository from the list
  • Install CUBA plugin again, it will come from the stable plugins channel.

As always, we are looking forward to your feedback!

8 Likes

I’m very happy for the new release and especially for effort and time invested by the entire CUBA team. I have a question, if 7.2 has not yet been released, in this new studio release, 7.2 is available as stable. If it is correct to use it or will it be released this week?

Just downloaded the standard version, all good so far, but seems there is an UI issue in MacOS.
The window control buttons covers real content of IDE:

Hi Nelson,
Yes, it’s correct, the website update an announcements will be made shortly.

Hi,
I doubt this is the CUBA Studio problem.
Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA and inherits its interaction with OS window manager from IntelliJ.
Also I see that you use some custom theme, glitch can be related to it.

You can try to reproduce the problem with IntelliJ IDEA and standard theme and post ticket to JetBrains:
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/IDEA

Hi Alex,

I have both ultimate version and CUBA Studio installed with using the same theme. But IntelliJ IDEA looks good. Seems Studio is missing the title bar:

Thanks for info.
The behavior can be different, because CUBA Studio Bundle is based on IDEA 2019.2 which is older than 2019.3.3.
Can you please specify your MacOS version? We can’t reproduce the problem locally with our Macs.

I wonder, is there any specific reason why you use bundled version? Bundle is mostly targeted for users who have not used IntelliJ IDEA before.

I’m using MacOS Catalina 10.15.3. Previous bundle versions worked well, only this version have the problem. But this issue doesn’t impact any functionality. :slight_smile:

We are supporting Chinese version of the Platform, so will do basic sanity test for each stable build.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
A new Studio maintenance release - 13.2 - has been published.

This release contains the following changes:

• Support for IntelliJ IDEA 2020.1. There are still few compatibility bugs left unresolved, we will address them in the next release.
  • Improvements for the integration wth the CUBA Marketplace. These improvements include: redesign of the Subscription Information dialog, greatly simplifed installation procedure for trial and full versions of the commercial add-ons.
  • Various bug-fixes: https://youtrack.cuba-platform.com/issues/STUDIO?p=0&q=Fixed%20in%20builds:%2013.2&f=false