Studio error after adding GroupTable

When the using version 6.8.1, after I add a GroupTable, set the DataSource then try to add Columns, I get the following error:



[18:23:43.748] Exception has been thrown by$DefaultErrorHandler@696ee7f0:
[18:23:43.748] java.lang.NullPointerException



 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor168.invoke(Unknown Source)

 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(

 at com.vaadin.event.ListenerMethod.receiveEvent(

 at com.vaadin.event.EventRouter.fireEvent(

 at com.vaadin.event.EventRouter.fireEvent(

 at com.vaadin.server.AbstractClientConnector.fireEvent(

 at com.vaadin.ui.Button.fireClick(

 at com.vaadin.ui.Button$

 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor167.invoke(Unknown Source)

 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(

 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(

 at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(

 at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(

 at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleInvocation(

 at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleInvocations(

 at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleRpc(

[18:23:43.748] Unexpected error

My work around is to go into the xml and add a Column manually. As long as there is one column, it works fine after that.



Hi, @IanE

This issue was fixed in the 6.8.2 release. Please update your CUBA Studio installation.

An issue in YouTrack: link.


Thanks, I thought I was on the latest … I guess automatic updates to studio se are not working. In the future, I will try reproduce issues in the unstable version to see if they have been fixed.

Do you mean that autoupdate in Studio SE does not work for you?

Correct. Auto updates were working in the past, but I can’t remember if it was the browser or SE version.

I have not reporting anything yet as I am having other issues with Studio SE hanging (Chromium locks up) so I want to make sure it’s not my environment. In order to better get a handle on the issues, I have re-installed 6.8.2.and 6.9-SNAPSHOT. I have located the log files and have a reference point on how they are supposed to look when everything is working.

If have either of the issues again, I will create a support topic and pass along the log files.

Note that my issues are on two Windows 10 PC’s (laptop and desktop) when using multiple versions of Cuba Studio SE.

I’ve checked the autoupdate feature and Studio SE was correctly updated from 6.8.1 to 6.8.2 version.

If you will have some problems with Studio later, please report them.