ServiceBean ClassNotFoundException during Tomcat startup

Hello,
every time I start the Studio I reveice the message ‘localhost:8080 is in use’. As a workaround I start the Tomcat from the build directory…
Now I’ve walked through the Step by Step Guide and after I’ve implemented the OrderService the Tomcat hangs:

2016-11-08 23:01:39.668 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.CubaDefaultListableBeanFactory - Bean creation exception on non-lazy FactoryBean type check: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘workshop_OrderService’: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.lang.Class] for property ‘serviceInterface’; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class [com.company.workshop.service.OrderService]

I’am using the current Studio (6.3.0) and Platform (6.3.2) versions. I also tried it with a previous version but with the same behaviour.
(jdk 1.8.0_112, win7 32bit)
Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Christian

Hi Christian,

Perhaps you have something running on port 8080. To avoid conflict you can set different ports for your project’s Tomcat: see Project properties > Advanced > Tomcat ports. Try to change all of them.

The exception you mentioned is caused by another reason. Does the class com.company.workshop.service.OrderService really exist? In what module?

Hi Konstantin,

thank you for your quick reply!

My virus scanner starts a proxy when a server is running. I don’t know exactly why a manual startet Tomcat works and the Studios has a problem with the scanner.
But now I’ve installed the Studio on my linux computer and everything works fine.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

And I am really excited about your platform - especially the ready to use, fine granular permission module and the audit mechanism - quite cool

/Christian

Hi Christian,

I’m glad to hear that!