Screen's Id and agent must be unique for the module.

Since version 6.4.0 I’m getting this error message from Cuba Studio after applying changes to a fresh new generated UI template for an entity:

“Screen’s Id and agent must be unique for the module. Id = sales$Customer.edit; agent = null; module = web”

I can’t apply any changes due this error.

Screenshot 2017-02-13 17.55.35


Hi Ronald,

After reopen the screen page, problem remains?

hello Alexander, yes it does.

I did a screen recording so you can check it out and see how to reproduce the error.

let me know if you need anything else.

screen recording:

I had the same problem, when I followed the instructions in the section of the 6.4 developer’s guide. (Vaadin extension) The problem went away when I stopped using Safari. With Chrome the problem was gone.

I have similar error. And this is what I do:

  • Clean your project
  • Close your project
  • Refresh your browser
  • And then try to open again

Works for me.

OK, I again ran into this problem. From my point of view it’s a bug in Studio. When you edit a UI screen in Studio, Studio instead of overwriting the original UI screen sometimes tries to create a new UI screen with the same ID (screen name) and the same agent. And Studio complains about that. The workaround is pretty simple: Select any agent (there are four: empty, PHONE, DESKTOP, TABLET) that you do not use at that moment, then Studio creates a new UI screen with the same ID (screen name) but with a different agent. Afterwards you can delete the old screen and set correct agent or delete the the agent setting.

Yes, it’s a confirmed bug and it’s already fixed - see the link to the issue on the right panel. The bug-fix release will be available in the next couple of days.

still waiting for fix :slight_smile:

It’s in the Studio release 6.4.2 which is available since March 14, 2017.

Please let us know if you still face the problem in this release.

Yes, I’m on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and I’m using Studio 6.4.2 and I’m still getting this kind of error after few changes in Screen Designer and/or XML. Only thing that repairs this is closing project in Studio and reopening it. I’ve downloaded and installed studio-6.4.2-macosx.dmg on March 15, 2017.

We have managed to reproduce it again and we are working on it. I’m attaching the new issue to this topic.

:ticket: See the following issue in our bug tracker: