Screen lookupActions & editActions is not defined

Hi,

Out of nothing my cuba app (7b2) started complaining that lookupActions & editActions screens are not defined.
Any clues on were the mistake is? I wen’t back on my git history and can’t make it work again.

Caused by: com.haulmont.cuba.gui.NoSuchScreenException: Screen 'editorActions' is not defined
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.WindowConfig.getWindowInfo(WindowConfig.java:430) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.loaders.FragmentComponentLoader.createComponent(FragmentComponentLoader.java:78) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.LayoutLoader.createComponent(LayoutLoader.java:146) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.loaders.ContainerLoader.createSubComponents(ContainerLoader.java:70) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.loaders.WindowLoader.createContent(WindowLoader.java:66) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.LayoutLoader.createWindowContent(LayoutLoader.java:172) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.loadWindowFromXml(WebScreens.java:312) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.createScreen(WebScreens.java:203) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.create(WebScreens.java:155) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.EditorScreens.createScreen(EditorScreens.java:264) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.EditorScreens.buildEditor(EditorScreens.java:165) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.EditorScreens$EditorBuilder.build(EditorScreens.java:587) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.actions.list.EditAction.actionPerform(EditAction.java:147) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
com.haulmont.cuba.gui.NoSuchScreenException: Screen 'lookupActions' is not defined
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.WindowConfig.getWindowInfo(WindowConfig.java:430) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.loaders.FragmentComponentLoader.createComponent(FragmentComponentLoader.java:78) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.LayoutLoader.createComponent(LayoutLoader.java:146) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.loaders.ContainerLoader.createSubComponents(ContainerLoader.java:70) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.loaders.WindowLoader.createContent(WindowLoader.java:66) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.xml.layout.LayoutLoader.createWindowContent(LayoutLoader.java:172) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.loadWindowFromXml(WebScreens.java:312) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.createScreen(WebScreens.java:203) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.WebScreens.create(WebScreens.java:155) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.MenuItemCommands$ScreenCommand.run(MenuItemCommands.java:199) ~[cuba-gui-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.MenuBuilder$MenuCommandExecutor.accept(MenuBuilder.java:256) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.web.sys.MenuBuilder$MenuCommandExecutor.accept(MenuBuilder.java:241) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.haulmont.cuba.web.gui.components.mainwindow.WebAppMenu$MenuItemImpl.menuSelected(WebAppMenu.java:433) ~[cuba-web-7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.0-SNAPSHOT]
        at com.vaadin.ui.MenuBar.changeVariables(MenuBar.java:225) ~[vaadin-server-8.5.2-5-cuba.jar:8.5.2-5-cuba]

I found it on https://youtrack.cuba-platform.com/issue/STUDIO-5158 and https://github.com/cuba-platform/cuba/issues/1560

Now you have to implement explicetly (Studio will take care of it after release). For now you can copy&paste the example on the first link above.

You can use 7.0.0.BETA1 release of the platform for now. -SNAPSHOT version now is not compatible with the previously released Studio BETA

Good to know, will change my build.gradle :slight_smile:
Though I have Studio 7 Beta 2. Is that supposed to go with platform 7 beta 1?

Yes, Platform BETA1 and Studio BETA2 is compatible.

We are going to release the next beta of them next week.

I am on SNAPSHOT because Studio set that version when creating the project, maybe have the next beta pin to the appropiate platform beta version by default?

I have the same error suddenly with my project, however I’m not on version 7 yet.
I’m using Studio 6.10.1 and Platform 6.10.4

The error is

com.haulmont.cuba.gui.NoSuchScreenException: Screen ‘XXX’ is not defined
at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.WindowConfig.getWindowInfo(WindowConfig.java:286) ~[cuba-gui-6.10.4.jar:6.10.4]
at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.config.WindowConfig.getWindowInfo(WindowConfig.java:272) ~[cuba-gui-6.10.4.jar:6.10.4]

Is there any link with the developments of the 7.0 version?

Edit: probably a link with this issue.

You can read all about Studio 7 here: announcement

Be sure to read the release notes. Lots of changes!

I know, but I’m not on Studio 7 yet. Still using 6.10 while facing these issues.

Hi, what screen id is not defined? Could you please share the full stack trace?

Most likely, your code still uses screen / frame that you have removed.