Rest Api Post entity error 405

Hi,
I have a problem with rest api Post method for an entity.
I tried to insert new record of entity with postman but I have error 405 as response

HTTP Status 405 – Method Not Allowed

In tomcat log I have this error:
org.springframework.web.HttpRequestMethodNotSupportedException: Request method ‘POST’ not supported

I have already set rights to entity and to attribute in user’s roles.
Others method such as Get, Put,Delete function correctly.
How can I resolve the problem?

Thank you for help

Hi,
Please attach the request code in cURL format.

Hi Konstantin,
sorry for late, this are particular days.
Happy new year to all.

This is my request:
curl -H “Authorization: Bearer 5e45dbd9-40c4-4ac5-8472-185625d073fd” -H “Content-Type: application/json” -X POST -d “{”_entityName": “app_An”,“_instanceName”: “com.company.app.entity.An-001 [detached]”,“id”: “001”,“descrizione”: “MACELLERIA”,“codice”: “001”,“version”: 0}" http://localhost:8080/Storeapp/rest/v2/entities/app_An/001

and this is response:
curl: (3) [globbing] bad range in column 2
<!doctype html>HTTP Status 405 – Method Not Allowedbody {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;} h1, h2, h3, b {color:white;background-color:#525D76;} h1 {font-size:22px;} h2 {font-size:16px;} h3 {font-size:14px;} p {font-size:12px;} a {color:black;} .line {height:1px;background-color:#525D76;border:none;}

HTTP Status 405 – Method Not Allowed

Type Status Report

Message Request method 'POST' not supported

Description The method received in the request-line is known by the origin server but not supported by the target resource.

Apache Tomcat/9.0.38

Hi,
Happy New Year to you too :slight_smile:

Quick googling of “[globbing] bad range in column 2” gives you the hint.
Probably you should remove square brackets from _instanceName property. Actually, sending instance name has no effect at all.

Regards,
Konstantin

Thanks Konstantin
Now It’s ok