report$DataSet Cannot set permissions

Hello,

I am trying to configure roles and permissions for Reporting and I basically cannot. It took me a while of debugging to figure out, that I need permission for DELTE on entity report$DataSet. In the Role Editor I cannot add DELETE op for this entity. There is only read/update - I guess as it is a metaclass - but then it should not be demanded.

I guess the workaround is to add it directly to DB, but that is quiet ugly.

Hi,
You see only update/delete settings by the reason the entity (report$DataSet) is not persistent. In previous versions of the platform it was impossible to manage create/delete rights for not persistent entities and the settings were removed from the screen. Now such permissions are supported by the platform backend. So the settings should be added. We have created a YouTrack issue.
Regarding the Role permissions. Reporting systems provides the special instrument to manage role permission to a report. Open the Report Editor and go to the “Roles and Screens” tab. There you can add roles for which the report should be available. See the documentation for more information.
Regards.

The same for report$BandDefinition. The workaround with direct DB access works.

:ticket: See the following issue in our bug tracker:

https://youtrack.cuba-platform.com/issue/PL-9210