Refresh opened browser screen from another screen's browser button action

Hi,

Sorry for my silly questions.
I have a Customer and an Order browser screen, and sometimes both are opened. When I click a button on Customer’s screen, its update or insert new row into Order table, and I want this button to refresh Order’s browser screen, because if Order’s browser screen is opened, then I have to close it and reopen to see the changes or the new row.
I thought that I should put on Order browser screen a refresh button, but only if necessary, if no way to refresh it from another screen.
How to do it? I tried to Inject ordersDs and in button’s function call the ordersDs.refresh(), but it doesn’t work.

Ps. sorry for my bad english

Thanks,
Carol

1 Like

Hi Carol,

This is an interesting question, but the platform doesn’t provide any means for communication between independently opened screens. It certainly can be done, maybe someone from the community offers you a ready solution. If not, we’ll try to design something.

In the meantime, you could try to make your Refresh button work. I don’t understand why ordersDs.refresh() doesn’t work for you, but there is also the standard RefreshAction mentioned here. You can use it just by specifying refresh as ID of a table action, e.g.:

<table id="aTable" width="100%">
  <actions>
      <!-- ... -->
      <action id="refresh"/>
  </actions>
      <!-- ... -->
      <button action="aTable.refresh"/>
  </buttonsPanel>
1 Like