Provide example for (Table) presentations

while reading the layout documentation I stumbled upon presentations

This is a feature I never noticed before, and it is actually not clear to me what I can expect from it. The documentation only states that user can manage it, but not what it actually is. I think it would be useful to have an example on the demo app.

If anyone reading this has experience with it and can provide screenshots of what is possible would be appreciated.

edit: For clarity I’m aware of the cogwheel icon on a table that allows to select visible columns. I also noticed that when I change the order of columns and column sizes it is the same next time I open a screen.

Is this what a presentation is? The setting of column size, column order, etc. to allow sharing it between users and switching between them?

Hi,

The doc references on the button next to a cogwheel:
Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.51.49

The doc says:

Save presentations with unique names. Table settings are automatically saved in an active presentation.

This means that you can save the current table state, e.g. visible columns, their order + whether a text selection is enabled as named entry in the presentation setting dialog.

Actually, every CUBA application has at least one screen with the Presentation enabled - User browser.

For example, let’s add two presentations to the User browser.

For the first one, I’ll make visible only Login, Name, and Group columns. Then I invoke the Save As action

and give it a name

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.59.31

Now this presentation is available to be selected in the presentation dialog

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.59.43

For the second presentation, I’ll add two more columns to my table: Email and Active

After saving it, I can select one of my presentations and their setting will be applied:

Nevertheless, I admit that the doc must be more explicit, so I created a GitHub issue. Thank you for reporting the problem.

2 Likes