Project based on IMAP App component

IMAP add-on sounds to be very useful to me especially when a solution is related to collaboration with customers, suppliers e.g. CRM, SRM etc.

I have a question, how can I do the following:

When I send or receive emails within the CUBA application,

1. will scan new emails and tag them (say case number) in the subject line or in the email content and will skip when the case number exists, say we use specific symbol to star the case number e.g. #000000012. The case number is managed within the CUBA application.
  2. Pull all the conversations related to the case number at one place for review and next actions. As one customer may have more than one such cases, view such email conversation by customer and case numbers. Example of use case would be, customer claims ticketing and resolution system, sales lead in CRM system etc.

Thanks for sharing any ideas and code snipped to achieve it.

How to

Hi,

With IMAP CUBA add-on you can subscribe on IMAP events in your application. Each IMAP event contains ImapMessage which can be used to put messages in one conversation, but you need to implement this logic in your application.

Example how to subscribe to new messages in Java class:

@EventListener
public void handleNewEvent(NewEmailImapEvent event) {

Hi Evgeny
Thank you. Your example project looks good and it will be great if the above use case is included. That will be more practical use case to demonstrate the add-on’s capacity.

1 Like