Problem with "Resolve conflict window" screen in 6.4.0.RC

Really like the direction you’ve taken with the new studio.

Not 100% sure if this is a bug or a feature. Based on previous studio behavior I am guessing bug.

One issue I’ve run into is that if you create a screen for an entity and that screen already exists, you get a “resolve conflict window” which let’s you adjust the various names. If you don’t adjust the name and hit the “Ok” button, I would expect it to overwrite the existing screen with the new one. It doesn’t do this and instead does nothing if the names aren’t made different.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the feedback.

It’s not a bug but a deliberate decision, because now with custom templates there are more possibilities to shoot in the foot by removing a conflicting screen. However, we’ll consider it again.

The decision is fine. It’s just that when you hit “Ok” nothing seems to happen. Possibly the window comes up again so quickly that it just seems like nothing is happening but it’s confusing. Possibly you should have a popup notification saying you cannot proceed without renaming or else do it manually.

We’ve added the notification and the ability to remove a conflicting screen before saving the new one.

:ticket: See the following issue in our bug tracker:

https://youtrack.cuba-platform.com/issue/STUDIO-3297