I have a wierd problem and right now I cannot find the solution, only some workaround but not 100%.
My app useing two language, English and Hungarian. On my development machine everything is working ok, but on the production server which is a Ubuntu 16.04 server with tomcat8 and postgres 9.5 i have some problems with localization.
In the java code especially in showNotification method call, I use hungarian sentences and national characters. In the development machine it is displaying correctly, but in the production szerver the notification popup show garbage in the place of accented characters.
The only solution was to use Intellij ID helper to convert the string literals to basic latin and escaping all accented characters. But it is a workaround only. Can You hint me a proer way to do it (message constants for example which can be localized), and the cause of the wierd working?
When I select the default language for a user, on the development machine, everything is working correctly, but on the server some times displaying the correct version of text some times falling back to english. I cannot find the root cause of this, so i am forced to overwrite the english texts and make the app single language…
I set up the correct date and time format in the studio for the hungarian locale. But in the development machine all date which is in table columns are displaying in english format and all field in editors displaying in correct format. On the server machine all date field in tables or editors displaying in english format. I am forced to use formatters for tables and dateformat property in edit fields to use the correct format. which is not good if I want to support two languages.
Some problems with studio and localization:
Very hard to edit side by side two language messages file. Because the english one is filled up, but the other language messages file not contains all the field of he english one, and even those which are in are in different order. This makes the side by side translation ver hard and errorprone.
If i change the the order of languages in the studio project settings (in default english is the first, and other language like hungarian is the second, and i can reorder this order), then all message files are messing up, like the hungarian will get the english version of files, but the english version will be empty… I think it is a bug.
If we set up the localized date and currency formats in the studio project settings, then the project must use it project wide and if the user is switching the languages or the browser advertising a language the project must behave correctly and use the correct format. It s not the case and we are forced to fix the formats in the code/xml. If this is not a bug i think it is against multilocale support.