Possible very serious studio bug? "Main menu not found"

While working on the project, I needed to rearrange the main menu a bit, and… it’s not there in the Project window. I’m also noticing in the studio event log:

09:27	Main menu not found

But the odd thing is, if I go and run the app - the main menu is there as I expect it to be. But it’s not showing in the Project tree so I can’t edit it, and the studio event log is throwing that above error.

I don’t know WHEN this happened; I don’t edit the main menu often…and so I can’t give a reproduce.

But, I do need to know how I can fix it.

I still do not have a reproduce for this problem, but I did fix it. (Though I don’t know why it fixed it.)

While trying to figure it out, I opened the web-app.properties file and noticed all the lines had red “error” lines under them, saying duplicate property. Thinking that a little odd, I closed studio, renamed the file via explorer, re-opened studio, and renamed it back in studio with a right click->rename, then closed and reopened studio and all was fine.

I’ll keep a close watch and see if it happens again and if so… maybe then will have a reproduce.

Hello,

I got an equivalent error when I tried to update vom 7.1.13 to 7.1.5. After the refresh of the build.gradle file, my project hierachy was not displayed in the “normal” CUBA style. I did not get direct access to views, menus, services, etc. I opend the web-menu.xml and all links to screens are marked “red” - not found.

I did not manage to resolve the bug till now. Downgrading does not work, reloading the project is without effect.

Best regards
Mike

Hi,
One of two recipes usually helps with such problems:

• Run “Reload all Gradle projects” action from the Gradle tool window located in the right side of the IDE window
  • Invoke from the main menu: File -> Invalidate Caches… -> Invalidate and Restart

Hello, thanks for the answer. The problem was a wrong reference to the graph library within the gradle file. I do not now why this got an problem while I tried to update vom 7.13 -> 7.15. I inspected the warnings within the CUBA log and found corrected them.