Placing a CAPTCHA,

How would I go about placing a captcha in my application?
I know google has the service, but how could I integrate it to my app?

Hi,

Unfortunately, it’s hard to suggest a certain solution without a detailed description of your task.

As a starting point, I would recommend taking a look at this Vaadin Add-on and our documentation regarding how it can be integrated into the CUBA App.

Regards,
Gleb

thank you for constantly responding,

we have a public page, which has a form on it. and we wish to keep it spam free.

I am having trouble bringing in the add on you suggested because we are only using Gradle, ant the site has only a Maven Access.

Any maven dependency definition can be easily converted to gradle, e.g.:

<dependency>
   <groupId>com.wcs.wcslib</groupId>
   <artifactId>wcslib-vaadin-widget-recaptcha</artifactId>
   <version>2.0.3</version>
</dependency>

equals to

compile("com.wcs.wcslib:wcslib-vaadin-widget-recaptcha:2.0.3")

If you’re using bintray repository, you’ll need to add vaadin-addons in order to download addon jars.

Similar to dependencies, maven repository definition can be converted to gradle:

<repository>
   <id>vaadin-addons</id>
   <url>https://maven.vaadin.com/vaadin-addons</url>
</repository>

equals to

maven {
    url 'https://maven.vaadin.com/vaadin-addons'
}

Regards,
Gleb

@arturoams were you able to use the suggested vaadin add-on and integrate it?

Hi,
I’ve tried following the instructions provided above on how to integrate the Vaadin Recaptcha addon to my Cuba application, and i get this error.

Loading inherited module 'lu.balouic.kader.femata.web.toolkit.ui.AppWidgetSet'
   Loading inherited module 'com.wcs.wcslib.vaadin.widget.recaptcha.ReCaptcha'
      [ERROR] Unable to find 'com/wcs/wcslib/vaadin/widget/recaptcha/ReCaptcha.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?

Any idea what i could be doing wrong?

Hi,

It seems that you’ve added widgetset dependency for this addon, but it has no widgetset, so removing com.wcs.wcslib.vaadin.widget.recaptcha.ReCaptcha from tour AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml should help.

Gleb