Patch for italian IT Localization

Hi everyone!

This is a patch for Italian localization, It works on platform 6.6 on:

  • Core
  • Gui
  • Web
  • Reports
  • Charts


IT_Localization_core gui web reports (38.4 KB)


Hi Lucio,

Thank you for the contribution! However, a better way to apply localization to a project is using this repository: GitHub - cuba-platform/translations: Translations for the CUBA Platform screens and UI components

There is an Italian translation already, you can propose your version if you don’t like the existing one or contact its author to suggest changes.

Hi Konstantin!
I was checking the 6.6 ver. branch so I didn’t notice @pfurini committed an IT translation on 6.8 already! Great!
Are there any - substantial - differences between the captions of two versions?
Would it make sense for me to make a pull request on 6.6 branch for backwards compatibility?

Hi @lucio.rossi75, the author of Italian translation here.

To make an Italian translation for 6.6, and maintain consistency with my translation, you should use a diff tool to extract only the different properties from the English files between 6.8 and 6.6.
Then use my Italian files as the base for a pull request on 6.6 branch, applying the changes spotted by the diff between English files.

If you don’t do this, and instead use your translation, users of 6.6 versions that will upgrade to 6.8 in the future, will see different labels, and that’s not a good thing IMHO…


I’m considering a couple of things:
This IT patch working on 6.6 was based on a different tree of the files, so it’s gonna be very difficult to diff it with respect to the new versions even in the same branch.
The consistency issue Paolo is raising is less relevant with respect to this one

It would be great if we could just clone the translations repo in each project directly, but a completely different git tree would be needed… so

The best we can do, in my opinion, is leave things as they are. Whoever wants to localize an older project to IT can use this patch at their own “risk”

As anticipated in the latest roadmap, the translations will soon be published as a an app component in the upcoming marketplace, so there should be less friction and guesswork.

As far as older releases are concerned, I agree that those that are willing to incorporate a missing translation, by downgrading a more recent version, should do it manually at their own risk.
Unfortunately time is the most limited resource, and I prefer to invest it in other components than in downgrading translation files… :slight_smile:


Hi Paolo,
I’ve included IT localization on exist project, now for few screens I receive follow errors. I checked that is pattern format is defined into it\cuba\modules\global\src\com\haulmont\cuba\
it is same format pattern used for other languange. I tried to modify from #.##0 to #.##, and the error is not more showed, but I didn’t understand why… Any idea ?

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed pattern "#.##0"
at java.text.DecimalFormat.applyPattern(
at java.text.DecimalFormat.(
at com.haulmont.chile.core.datatypes.impl.IntegerDatatype.format(
or this

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed pattern "#.##0,###"
at java.text.DecimalFormat.applyPattern(
at java.text.DecimalFormat.(
at com.haulmont.chile.core.datatypes.impl.DoubleDatatype.format(

sorry for the delay, but I haven’t received a notification for your reply!

I submitted a PR to fix the issue, thanks for reporting.

As a side note, for future issues regarding official components like the localizations one, please use the appropriate channel to report them.
For example, if you open the Localizations page in the Marketplace: Localizations – CUBA Platform
you’ll see 3 boxes at the bottom (it’s a recent addition). You should use the Bugtracker one to submit actual bugs (like the one you posted above), or the Discussions one to open a new thread in the Forum for posting feature requests, usage questions, etc.

Thanks and have a nice day,