Newbie question on setting up CUBA

HI,
Have only recently come across CUBA - looks like a brilliant platform for app development. I’m fairly new to the whole JAVA development environment am trying to set it up to have a play. Running studio 6.5.5 on Mint Linux 18.2. The server seems to start without errors, but when I try to connect via the browser (Firefox) I get the following error:

“Failed to load the widgetset: ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.haulmont.studio.ui.StudioApplicationWidgetset/com.haulmont.studio.ui.StudioApplicationWidgetset.nocache.js?1500978031024”

I’ve installed CUBA in /opt/studio-6.5.5 and the file
/opt/studio-6.5.5/web/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.haulmont.studio.ui.StudioApplicationWidgetset/com.haulmont.studio.ui.StudioApplicationWidgetset.nocache.js

is present.

I’ve tried the installation documentation and internet searches, but haven’t come up with a solution.

Do I need to add something to the path or class path? Any pointers for a relative newbie would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John

Hi John,

There is a known issue with Studio 6.5.5 on Linux - it must be started from studio/bin folder. So open terminal in /opt/studio-6.5.5/bin and execute ./studio

Let us know if it doesn’t help.

Hi Konstantin,
Problem solved! Thanks for the quick response and the helpful suggestion.

I added a line to the studio script to change directory to /opt/studio-6.5.5/bin and everything seems to be working.

This seems like a very helpful community. Looking forward to playing with CUBA!

John

Yes, the script is incomplete in this version, this is the cause of the problem.
Good luck with experimenting with CUBA :slight_smile: