New to CUBA and very Impressed

Hi,

I just downloaded the Studio and must say I am very impressed. Last time i was so impressed when I was in Delphi 1.0 announcement conference.
I think CUBA IS or it is very close, what we need in Java world for Enterprise apps.
I’ll certainly will buy a sub to support Your effort.

Some questions:

1. I have a Vaadin Pro tools sub. Can I use the Pro tools addons in CUBA (chart, spreedsheet, touchkit?)
  2. I saw you have some solution for EAV models. I need such a model for a public faced webshop app, where the products have some dynamic attributes. Can we search those dinamic attributes? for example we need all RED and GASOLINE cars which have more than 4 CILLINDER? The RED, GASOLINE and CILLINDER are values from Dynamic attributes.
  3. Is there any best practices to follow?
  4. Is there any good methods to do data export/imports. For example there will be a need for regular CSV import/export of product katalog. So the user uploads the CSV, start the process, progresbar shows where is the progress, the user see how many objects imported/updated, is there any errors during the process. etc etc.
  5. Can we do an arbitrary screen interface with custom widgets where we can edit the actions in IDE? For example button click, value change etc etc.

That is my first questions, sorry if those are already answeered. I am pretty new in the CUBA town :smiley:

Regards
Sandor

4 Likes

Hi Sandor,
Thank you very much for your support and the encouraging words! We like it when people compare our tools to Delphi :slight_smile:

Regarding your questions.
> 1. I have a Vaadin Pro tools sub. Can I use the Pro tools addons in CUBA (chart, spreedsheet, touchkit?)

Sure, you can integrate any Vaadin add-on into CUBA application, see the docs and the following article.

>2. I saw you have some solution for EAV models. I need such a model for a public faced webshop app, where the products have some dynamic attributes. Can we search those dinamic attributes? for example we need all RED and GASOLINE cars which have more than 4 CILLINDER? The RED, GASOLINE and CILLINDER are values from Dynamic attributes.

Yes, the Filter component allows an end-user to search for dynamic attributes - it joins the values table and adds conditions for it. You can do the same in your custom queries defined on the development stage.

>3. Is there any best practices to follow?

Look at the samples available in Studio, search through the forum, take a look at this blog and our own blog on the website.

1. Is there any good methods to do data export/imports. For example there will be a need for regular CSV import/export of product katalog. So the user uploads the CSV, start the process, progresbar shows where is the progress, the user see how many objects imported/updated, is there any errors during the process. etc etc.

If the import should be initiated and controlled by a user, add the FileUploadField on a screen, then start a background task which will do the import and update a progress bar on the screen.

> 5. Can we do an arbitrary screen interface with custom widgets where we can edit the actions in IDE? For example button click, value change etc etc.

What do you mean by custom widgets? If the standard CUBA visual components, all of them have API and can be managed by your code in the screen controller. You can also integrate third-party components and use them in the same way as native.

Regards,
Konstantin