Multitenancy Addon - TenantUser extends by default

CUBA Platform version: 7.2.14
CUBA Studio plugin version: 15.4-202
IntelliJ version: CUBA Studio 2020.2

After installing the Multitenancy Addon and trying to extend the class User, I get this error code during application initialization, (same as this post):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: class com.haulmont.cuba.security.entity.User is already extended by class com.haulmont.addon.sdbmt.entity.TenantUser

I noticed that class TenantUser is deprecated and the default class User already implements TenantEntity.

When running the application without extending class User but using the Multitenancy Addon, the class User is still extended by class TenantUser, as well as class Group, respectively. The database tables for sec_user and sec_group have also been updated to include the column tenant_id. I find this confusing because under the Migration section of the Multitenancy Github Page, it states:

1. For all basis entities, that were extended with TENANT_ID column, create migration scripts for changing it to the SYS_TENANT_ID column.

From the issues tracker for the Multitenancy Addon, Andrey states that removing com.haulmont.addon.sdbmt.entity.TenantUser fixes a problem he was having (not related to extending class User).

So I am confused on how to approach this. Would manually adding the plugin with the removed deprecated classes fix this issue? Thank you for any help with this issue.