Maps vs. Charts

Hi,
facing some problems while testing maps add-on these days (charts add-on already licensed & productive in same project), I’ve done some further doc research and found that:

This document describes two functional modules of the CUBA platform, which display charts and geographic maps respectively. These subsystems are implemented in the same add-on – charts – and thus can only be included in an application project together.

which confuses me a little.
What does that mean?
Does the maps-part of the chart/map add-on completely substitute the maps add-on?
Where are the differences? (as far as I examined, at least one (for me important) feature -clustering- is not part of the chart/maps package, along some others)
Does the problems I’m facing testing both, chart- and maps-add-on as separated installations in one app, mean this approach won’t work?

Thanks!

Hi,
The MapViewer component from the charts-and-maps add-on is an old legacy UI component.
It has fewer features than the GeoMap from the commercial Maps addon: in terms of data binding, clustering, choice of map tiles etc.

However MapViewer’s benefit is that it is free to use (except you’ll need to setup a Google Maps API key). You can use this component but bear in mind that this legacy component hasn’t been ported to Jmix.

Both add-ons: Maps and Charts-and-Maps - can be used in the same project simultaneously.

Thanks for the reply.