Looking for a screen input interceptor

Hello,

I’ve got an interesting project I’m working on which involves a user operating a handheld barcode scanner away from the keyboard. My ultimate goal is to find a way to create a hard copy “library” of sorts that contains a bunch of barcodes that I can link to controller actions. I’ve been trying to accomplish this by setting screen shortcuts, and I’m currently working with the scanner manufacturer to find a way to create standalone barcodes that represent these screen shortcuts.

Ex. - Ctrl+e shortcut created on screen. Print barcode of shortcut combination. Scanning this barcode enacts the action I link to the shortcut.

That’s the ultimate goal.

As a backup, I’m looking into other possibilities. My questions is, if I can’t get this scanner to interpret standalone shortcut combination barcodes, is there a way I can set up a screen listener, or interceptor, that can parse the input of the scanner before passing the data on to the screen?

If this is a possibility within the CUBA framework, I can ignore the need to encode shortcut combinations into a barcode and can simply create some obscure character sequence to represent each action that I create in the screen controller.

I see that there is a layout click listener, but the input type would be character input.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Thank you,
Adam

Question moved to consultancy forum.