Legacy screen layout

Hello,

I’ve got a CUBA 7 app that extends the legacy User.edit screen, but I’m having some layout troubles that I’m hoping to get assistance with.

The issue is that I’ve added some buttons that pertain to the field above them, but the only way I can get them to render is taking up the full width of the column that they’re nested in.

This is the extended descriptor:

<layout>
        <groupBox>
            <grid>
                <columns>
                    <column id="fieldGroupLeftColumn"/>
                    <column id="fieldGroupRightColumn" flex="1"/>
                    <column id="fieldGroupExtColumn" flex="3"/>
                </columns>
                <rows>
                    <row>
                        <fieldGroup id="fieldGroupExt" datasource="userDs" width="AUTO">
                            <column width="250px">
                                <field id="phoneNumber" property="phoneNumber"/>
                                <field id="tempOrganization">
                                    <lookupPickerField id="tempOrganizationField" datasource="userDs"
                                                       property="tempOrganization" optionsDatasource="organizationsDs"/>
                                </field>
                                <field id="organization" property="organization"/>
                                <field id="addField" width="100%">
                                        <button id="addButton" caption="Add Organization" width="AUTO" align="MIDDLE_RIGHT"/>
                                </field>
                                <field id="findSimilarField" width="100%">
                                    <button id="findSimilarButton" caption="Find Similar" width="AUTO" align="MIDDLE_RIGHT"/>
                                </field>
                            </column>
                        </fieldGroup>
                    </row>
                </rows>
            </grid>
        </groupBox>
    </layout>

I’m not entirely sure why this extended screen was created the way that it was, but I would love to hear my options for working with this field component, or if there’s a better way.

Thanks in advance for helping me,
Adam