Right for the upcoming holidays, we are happy to announce Jmix - a new name and a new major release of CUBA Platform. Jmix has been the focus of our work throughout 2020 and is a milestone release introducing new modular architecture with Spring Boot as core technology.
Jmix is still in Preview and we are aiming to release a Stable version in Q2 2021. However, it should already be good enough for evaluation and POCs.
Key features of Jmix:
- Spring Boot as a core technology
- Decomposition into separate pluggable modules (data, security, audit, etc.)
- A new approach to data model definition
- Liquibase as the DB update engine
- Deployment approach utilizing Spring Boot features, allowing better integration with cloud environments.
You can find more details about Jmix features, the ideas behind them and next plans in our blog.
If you are already developing with CUBA Platform - no worries! The latest release will be supported for a long time and we are providing a migration path to Jmix via compatibility APIs.
We hope you’ll love Jmix and encourage everyone to give it a try and share feedback!
Learn more about Jmix in the blog.