Issue on build using email template add-on

Hi,

I filed an issue on Github regarding the email template add-on: When integrating the addon I get a build error · Issue #1 · cuba-platform/emailtemplate-addon · GitHub . Any ideas?

By the way, the add-on looks great - looking forward to using it!

-b

Hi,

Have you tried to resolve this issue by reducing project location path?

Hi Evgeny,

Thanks for the follow up.

I did not test it with the reduced project path. But my project path does include a space in Windows currently. None of the project settings however refer to it (it’s all relative).

Unable to do the testing now actually as I need to finish some work but we will in a few weeks.

-b

Hi @evgeny.zaharchenko ,
Suggested workaround:

Provided workaround is not working, (project path shortened to C:/test, gradle home shortened to C:/g2)
Windows command length limit is 32768
javaexec command length on empty project with webtoolkit module:

• With Emailtemplates with fix: 36,880 - failed
  • Without Emailtemplates with fix: 15,923 - success

Outputs to claimed lengths:
cmd_wo_emailtemplates.txt (15.5 KB)
cmd_with_emailtemplates.txt (36.0 KB)

Test project:
test.zip (97.6 KB)

Long paths should be fixed in gradle 6+ (Auto Shortening)
However you won’t be able to build widgetset with gradle 6+ - Application Server not running after implementing the "Maps" addon - #13 от пользователя expresado - CUBA.Platform
If you are building widgetset with gradle 6+ it first take path and creates jar file which is than used as argument, instead of using whole path as argument, it looks like this:

2020-07-06T13:38:34.228+0200 [INFO] [org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecHandle] Starting process ‘command ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152\bin\java.exe’’. Working directory: C:\test3\modules\web-toolkit Command: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152\bin\java.exe -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xss8m -Xmx768m -Dfile.encoding=windows-1252 -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:
test3\modules\web-toolkit\build\tmp\buildWidgetSet -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -Duser.variant -cp C:\Users\ME288~1.HOR\AppData\Local\Temp\gradle-javaexec-classpath6011941936687242839.jar com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler -war C:\test3\modules\web-toolkit\build\gwt\widgetset -strict -localWorkers 5 -style OBF -logLevel ERROR -optimize 9 com.company.test
3.web.toolkit.ui.AppWidgetSet