implementing reminders

Hi Team,

Please advice me how we can implement the reminders concept in cuba platform. For example invoice overdue reminder in message dialog. This dialog should display once user log in to the system.

Regards,
Nagendra

Hi,

i a few month ago build exactly that. You can have a look here: GitHub - mariodavid/cuba-component-entity-reminder

It is not really finished (e.g. the dialog you are talking about is missing), but if you have a good idea how to create a common feature out of this, we can probably finish it…

Bye
Mario

Hi Mario,

I am actually looking to use BackgroundTask method (Or something similar) to invoke the push notifications in browser screen. For example invoice browser is having due date, If due date is crossed then we need to show the notification in screen.

Regards,
Nagendra.

You can accomplish this by using timers e.g.

I wrote an article a while ago that deals partly with this topic: Asynchronous event handling in CUBA – Road to CUBA and beyond...

Mostly it is not required to use push notifications and you can live with pulling. But i don’t know about your case. But since you said above “This dialog should display once user log in to the system.” this seems to be not push notification but rather at login time once. Another thing would be: at Opening time of the browse screens of the orders.

But notifications are really only needed when you want to have something like: user a sets the due date for an order and you have already the browse screen of the orders open. Then it should be displayed immediately. But if you want that, you should be aware that you don’t have this for the actual data either.

I think at opening time of the orders browse screen as well as at login should do the trick.

The Reminder entity in my example is persistent, so you can basically just do a normal DB query…

Bye
Mario

Hi Mario,

I will check the article. Actually i have Invoice Browser Screen it contains Table with entity Invoice.
Invoice entity having startDate and EndDate Fields. I just want remind user that if EndDate crossed the system date it should notify like OverDue.

Regards,
Nagendra.