How to update personal maven repository

Hi,

I’ve installed and configured a maven repository (Sonatype Nexus Repository Manager OSS 3.0.2-22) as explained at this url
Using Application Components - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual .

In this way, my team is able to publish our jars in a local repository and retrieve from cuba remote repository (Index of /groups/work) the cuba platform packages.

So far so good.

Yesterday I’ve updated Cuba Studio to last version (6.3.1), but I’m not able to upgrade projects to cuba platform 6.3.3 using Cuba Studio (Project Properties > Edit > Platform version).

If I try to change manually build.gradle of a project, setting

ext.cubaVersion = '6.3.3'

when I try to open the project, in studio.log I see this error:

2016-11-17 11:24:01,827 ERROR [com.haulmont.studio.ui.n.aU] Unable to open the project D:\workspace\project java.lang.RuntimeException: The project uses an application component that is not supported by this version of Studio or was not found in both local Maven and <code>http://myrepo.company.it/repository/cuba</code> repository.
at com.haulmont.studio.backend.o.T.c(SourceFile:541)
at com.haulmont.studio.backend.o.V.run(SourceFile:244)
at com.vaadin.ui.UI.accessSynchronously(UI.java:1381)
at com.haulmont.studio.ui.app.e.a(SourceFile:28)
at com.haulmont.studio.backend.o.T.d(SourceFile:234)
at com.haulmont.studio.backend.o.al.a(SourceFile:73)
at com.haulmont.studio.ui.n.aU.c(SourceFile:570)
at com.haulmont.studio.ui.n.bn.run(SourceFile:493)
at com.vaadin.ui.UI.accessSynchronously(UI.java:1381)
at com.haulmont.studio.ui.n.bm.run(SourceFile:490)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

…while watching Nexus Repository Manager request.log, there are no http requests at all

So, my question is: how can I force a project to update to a new version so that my maven proxy download new version jars from cuba repository?

Thanks,
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

Studio discovers what versions of the platform are available in the repository by parsing the web page {repo_url}/com/haulmont/cuba/cuba-global. Usually, a repository lists only cached artifacts, so Studio does not see a new version. In order to make your proxy repo cache the platform, build a project on the new platform version from the command line: gradle assemble. After that, restart the Studio server and try to open your project again.

Hi Konstantin,
thank you for your kind reply.
Have a nice day,
Paolo