How to translate validation messages

Hi!
how to translate messages com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators validation package?

Thank You

Hello,

If you use a standard validator from the com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators package (e.g. PatternValidator), you should specify either a message or a message key in your screen XML.

Example with message:

<fieldGroup>
    <field id="number">
        <validator class="com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators.PatternValidator"
                   message="Input error!"
                   pattern="\d{3}"/>
    </field>
</fieldGroup>

Example with message key:

<fieldGroup>
    <field id="number">
        <validator class="com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators.PatternValidator"
                   message="msg://validationError"
                   pattern="\d{3}"/>
    </field>
</fieldGroup>

In the latter case you should also add the message to the message pack of your screen:

validationError = Input error!

If you don’t specify a message, the hardcoded message in English is shown.

Perhaps this is not clear from the current documentation, we will fix it.

How do you specify the validation message in code?

I have something like

@Inject
    private TextField email;

@Override
    public void init(Map<String, Object> params) {
        email.addValidator(new EmailValidator("how do i pass the error message?"));
}

EmailValidator can take an Element object and a messagesPack string but I’m not exactly clear on how to use those.

EmailValidator is designed to be used declaratively from XML, for example:

<textField id="email">
    <validator class="com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators.EmailValidator" 
               message="Invalid email format"></validator>
</textField>

or with getting the message from the screen’s message pack:

<textField id="email">
    <validator class="com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators.EmailValidator" 
               message="msg://invalidEmail"></validator>
</textField>

If you need to set a validator for a field programmatically, create your own com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.Field.Validator implementation or extend an existing one from the com.haulmont.cuba.gui.components.validators package.