How to implement forgot password option in cuba studio

For admin login screen, I want to implement forgot password option. Did we have this implementation in Cuba studio. If possible please send me the demo app.

Thanks!!

1 Like

See REST API anonymous access only for a registration user API - CUBA.Platform

my ext-security component adds a “forgot password” link in the login screen, and sends an email to the user with a reset link, that when opened let the user set a new password.

The same functionality is exposed through a set of anonymous REST service methods (if you want to implement it in an external client).

If you’re interested, I’ll attach a link to the project as soon as I publish it.

Bye
Paolo

Thanks Paolo, I am interested in this.

Did I expect any solution from cuba guys, like do we have this forgot password implementation in cuba studio. If we have please send me the demo application.

Thanks!!

Hi
maybe there is some confusion on your side… CUBA “Studio” is an editor for simplifying the work with CUBA “framework”, and they are separate products.
A forgot password functionality is something that needs to be baked into the framework, and there is nothing you need to do in studio for it to work. An alternative way to have it today, is to write an application component, like the one I’m going to publish. (see Application Components - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual for an explanation of what application components are)
Currently, as I said, there is no forgot password functionality in CUBA framework, but I hope they’ll include it in the mainstream code someday, so that my component will not be needed anymore.

P.

Hi
I published the component on github and bintray. The installation and usage instructions are in the readme of the repo: [url=https://github.com/pfurini/cuba-component-forgot-password]https://github.com/pfurini/cuba-component-forgot-password[/url]
If you find any issue while using the component, please file an issue on github.
Bye
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

Thank you very much for your contribution, this component will definitely benefit the CUBA community!

Regards,

Aleksey

Hi, do it works for CUBA 7?

thanks.
@pfurini @stukalov

Not yet… I’ve been very busy lately, but I plan to add support for CUBA 7.x in the coming days.

P.

1 Like

Great! thanks!!

Hi, the component has been updated to work with CUBA 7, thanks to the contribution of Sergey Butenin (sorry, I don’t know his username on the forum).

Have a nice day,
P.