How do you create a Screen with different name and IDs

Normally when you create a Browse screen from an Entity it creates it all with “Browse” in the Descriptor, Controller and ID names.

How can I create one with a different name like “lookup” in the Descriptor, Controller and ID names. Currently I go ahead and create the screen and wait until the warning about an existing screen of the same name then edit the names

Hi,

you can just go into your web-screens.xml and add new entries manually.

But, be aware that the name “lookup” has a special convention included. If you don’t mean this behavior, you should call it differently probably. See: Lookup Screen - CUBA Platform. Developer’s Manual for more information.

Bye
Mario

I was hoping to be able to just create one from the templates.

I was looking for the lookup screen specifically for the pickers.

Currently I go ahead and create the screen and wait until the warning about an existing screen of the same name then edit the names

So what is wrong with this? You can also change the names afterwards on the Properties tab of the screen editor.

@knstvk

Nothing is wrong with it. I was just wondering if there was a way to set the name at creation time that I had missed that would make it easier.

Well i always create view then wait for the pop up warning screen conflict then rename some files to filename2 :slight_smile: seems to work though.