Forget password functionality from sample-user-registration code

Hello,

I have tried to run sample-user-registration code but i m facing some problem regarding forget password functionality. I register a user with my Email Id as login Id and tried to reset its password. I am getting a dialogue box “Success”, "E-mail with your new password has been sent " but I did not received any mail. So I am not able to recover the password. How to solve this issue ?

I haven’t configure anything just run the code. Are there any configuration required ? If yes then please tell me what are the configurations need to be done.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

Take a look at this example: Sending Emails

Configuration starts from step 4.

Hello,

Thanks for your help. I did all the required configurations and tried to send TestEmail but getting Authentication failed error. I have attached a screenshot of error please take a look.

These are the configurations I did :

cuba.email.fromAddress = do-not-reply@company.com
cuba.email.smtpHost = mail.company.com
cuba.email.smtpPort = 465
cuba.email.smtpAuthRequired = true
cuba.email.smtpSslEnabled = true
cuba.email.smtpStarttlsEnable = true
cuba.email.smtpUser = some@gmail.com
cuba.email.smtpPassword = xxxx
cuba.schedulingActive = true

how can I resolve this issue ?

email error

Perhaps the parameters you provided are not correct or not enough for your SMTP server. Please note that besides parameters started with cuba.* prefix, you can specify any property recognized by JavaMail API, see com.sun.mail.smtp (JavaMail API documentation). Just add them to the same app.properties file.

Thank you so much for your help. Its working perfect now.