Excel Report With Conditional Formatting

Is conditional formatting supported in Excel report templates?

I have a report template in which I have supplied a conditional format rule to highlight cells in a row if the value does not match the value in the neighboring cell (formula I used is shown below). When I download the template from the report record this rule is still present, however once I actually run the report from the application this formatting rule is lost.

Hi, @Corey.Amoruso!

Conditional Formatting should work with Excel reports. I’ve tested it with LibreOffice and CUBA 7.1 / 7.2 and it worked fine. Could you please specify conditions of the problem like CUBA version, output format (xls/xlsx) and what software did you use to create the template? Perhaps then we could reproduce it.

Regards,
Sergey

We are on Cuba version 7.1.6 at the moment. The report is using xlsx output format and was created with Microsoft Excel (latest version via Office 365). I’ve attached the template in question.Variance_Report.xlsx (13.8 KB)

Edit: After some more testing I found that it does work if I output as a xls, so it looks like it is an issue specifically with xlsx.

I’ve tested report with your template and it seems that formatting rule still exists in report but it’s range is reset. I can suggest setting range within data band area instead of entire column, in this case rule remains and applies to result. For example: Variance_Report.xlsx (13.5 KB).

Regards,
Sergey