ERROR: operator does not exist: uuid = character varying --> auth fails

Hello,

I have a project with cubaVersion=6.8.8 with PostgreSQL DB. I have not touched it since 2020 May. I used Cuba studio 6.10.3 for development. Now I have to develop again and I ran into this exception on start up:

Internal Exception: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: uuid = character varying
Hint: No operator matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
Position: 142
Error Code: 0
Call: SELECT ID, CREATE_TS, CREATED_BY, DELETE_TS, DELETED_BY, UPDATE_TS, UPDATED_BY, VERSION, ROLE_ID, USER_ID FROM SEC_USER_ROLE WHERE ((USER_ID = ?) AND (DELETE_TS IS NULL)) ORDER BY CREATE_TS ASC
bind => [a405db59-e674-4f63-8afe-269dda788fe8]

and because of this authentication fails. I found this was a common problem in cubaVersion=5.5.2.2 and have a solution for it:

But I have no idea where can I set this in the newer version (6.10.3)? Should I really set it? Do you have another workaround for this problem?

Hi,
Such functionality as logging in with PostgreSQL is a basic functionality and it should work out of the box without problems.

The documentation page you’ve referenced is about running SQL scripts from IntelliJ IDEA, it doesn’t relate to CUBA runtime.

Probably there is some problem with your PostgreSQL version or your project (maybe outdated JDBC driver).

You can check if the problem is only for your particular project. Create a fresh empty project with the same CUBA platform version, connect it to the same PostgreSQL and try to run an empty application to check if it works.

If the problem persists even with small demo project, you can attach this project here for our investigation.

Thanks for the response.

True, there is no problem with a dumb project with the same version. Continuing self-check…

CUBA Platform version change from 6.8.8. to 6.8.19 solved the issue.