Error on using datamanager in Groovy script

Hi,

I’m trying to do an import using the import add-on provided by @mario.

For this, I’m using a groovy pre-commit script like this:

import com.company.app.entities.Order

entity.relatedOrder = dataManager.load(Order.class)
        .query("select o from app$Order o inner join o.company c where c.name = 'Company X' and o.reference = '" + dataRow[0] + "'")
        .view("_minimal")
        .one()

return true

The script tries to find an order that has the same reference as being imported for a specific (fixed) company. As it is a combined search I cannot use the standard association function as provided by the add-on (order references may have duplicates but are unique in combination with the company).

When running the import, everything works as expected except that the query is somehow altered such that it generates the error below:

16:24:27.980 ERROR d.d.c.d.s.GenericDataImporterServiceBean - Pre commit script execution failed with: Errors found for input jpql:[select o from baseclass com.company.app.entities.Order o inner join o.company c where c.name = 'Company X' and o.reference = '18.2.3']
 CommonErrorNode [<mismatched token: [@9,27:27='.',<68>,1:27], resync=select o from baseclass com.company.app.entities.Order o inner join o.company c where c.name = 'Company X' and o.reference = '18.2.3'>]
 com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.jpql.JpqlSyntaxException: Errors found for input jpql:[select o from baseclass com.company.app.entities.Order o inner join o.company c where c.name = 'Company X' and o.reference = '18.2.3']
 CommonErrorNode [<mismatched token: [@9,27:27='.',<68>,1:27], resync=select o from baseclass com.company.app.entities.Order o inner join o.company c where c.name = 'Company X' and o.reference = '18.2.3'>]
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.jpql.Parser.checkTreeForExceptions(Parser.java:113)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.jpql.Parser.parse(Parser.java:41)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.jpql.QueryTree.<init>(QueryTree.java:51)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.jpql.QueryTree.<init>(QueryTree.java:41)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.QueryParserAstBased.getTree(QueryParserAstBased.java:69)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.QueryParserAstBased.getAnalyzer(QueryParserAstBased.java:83)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.global.QueryParserAstBased.getEntityName(QueryParserAstBased.java:100)
    at com.haulmont.cuba.core.sys.PersistenceSecurityImpl.applyConstraints(PersistenceSecurityImpl.java:76)

From what I understand the dots in com.company.app... etc. are a problem for JPQL (which I see confirmed when looking it up in the documentation / internet). However, I don’t see how to prevent the dot from appearing in the query as they are ‘constructed’ by the platform it seems.

Any ideas what is happening or what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
-b

Hi,

Groovy has String interpolation for " usage: The Apache Groovy programming language - Syntax. Therefore "blub $hello" tries to resolve hello as a variable.

This is what happens to your $Order variable as well.

The solution is probably just to switch to ' single quotes.

Cheers
Mario

1 Like

Hi @mario,

I wasn’t aware of this and indeed, after switching to single quotes it worked!

Regards,
-b