Encoding problem, Eclipse

Hi,

Maybe this isn’t a difficult problem, but in my project, I have a part which wrote in Java, by Eclipse. There is a built-in text, what I show as a notification: “Törölve”. But on the page this is appears: " T?¶r?¶lve ". In eclipse, in that Java file, the right text appears. I thing this is some encoding problem. In Eclipse I edited all file’s Text file encoding to UTF-8. It should support my word… But do not works.
Any other solution for that?

Thank you,
Carol

Edit: On my pc, on localhost it works perfectly, but cuba do it only on linux server.

Hi,

Could you clarify the following:

1. Is Window -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace : Text file encoding set to UTF-8?
  2. Is UTF-8 set for both Windows and Linux machines?

Also, try to use message.properties file for your messages. Just in case, try to edit your file with any other editor using UTF-8 and check the result.

Regards,

Gleb

Hi Gleb,

Yes I did the first and the second step too.

I checked a messages.properties file with Notepad++ and it shown UTF-8 by default.
Could you tell me where instance names are stored? Because they do not looks good too.

Hi,

If you’re talking about Entities localization, then you can find message.properties inside <your_root_package>.entities package of global module, or go to the Studio DATA MODEL section and open message.properties file.

Regarding your problem, could you please send me a simple project which reproduces the problem. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem after switching Eclipse IDE to UTF-8 encoding.

Regards,

Gleb

Hi.

I had the same problem. On Linux it works fine, but not on Windows.
I found the reason: I translated the captions not in the message.properties file, but directly in the XML (in the window definition file).

Marcin

Hi,

For me this was the solution:
I expanded the @rem Execute Gradle in gradlew.bat with that tag:

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8