Easy project renaming

Hello Cuba team,

I’ve come upon an issue that I need to find a solution for. Basically, I’ve created a base Cuba project with branding and a few screens, and I need to figure out a way to reuse this project template for the purposes of quickly creating a new app with all working parts intact, but with a different project name/namespace/etc. I see that I can change some of this in the Project Structure, but it doesn’t seem to catch everything.

For example, let’s say the template is saved on Github as au-template. I can choose to clone this and save in Cuba Studio under the project file name of au-newname. If I alter the Project Structure screen with this change, there are still instances of au-template peppered throughout the project. Is there an easy way to rename all modules/namespaces/(and any instance of au-template) to au-newname?

I haven’t found a simple way to do it yet, but I may be missing something.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

I’d like to re-introduce this topic, as I haven’t gotten a response on how to do this properly.

Thanks,
Adam

Just tell me to jump in a lake, as opposed to not responding. Some sort of reply would be great!!!

Hi,
Unfortunately, CUBA Studio doesn’t contain such functionality. So you will need to rename all files and folders manually.

1 Like

I have stumbled about that also quite a lot. Project renaming supported by Jmix Studio would be awesome.

When having a templating approach, e.g. for test projects, but also if you have common ground and for some reason cannot create an add-on covering the common stuff it is really a pain. But also for renaming because of an “error” - either a typo or because the focus of the project changes during the initial phases of the development (which oftentimes happens at least to me ;)).

I could think about a shell script that does that, but since IntelliJ is aware of the “rename refactoring” feature, it seems much more suitable for it to do.

1 Like

I’ve found this link to a process, but I haven’t tried it yet.