Dynamic Table

Hello, so i created a table that gets populated by external data. To do that, I had to unwrap the Cuba table to access it as a Vaadin component.

com.vaadin.ui.Panel panel = (com.vaadin.ui.Panel) WebComponentsHelper.unwrap(groupBoxLayout);
 com.vaadin.ui.Table table = new com.vaadin.ui.Table();
 IndexedContainer ic = new IndexedContainer();

The table returns great on the screen.
Now, if I would like to make that table aggregatable or add some functionality that the CUBA table offers, is it possible or do I now have to do everything in Vaadin?
Also, if you want to make some rows a different color, do I have to follow the Vaadin instructions or the CUBA instructions?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, you cannot use CUBA table functionality like aggregation or grouping when working with Vaadin table. Just Vaadin’s API. So follow Vaadin instructions.
As for creating a table, I would recommend you consider their new component: Grid. It will replace Table over time.

Thanks. I will be looking at the grid component. So would you know how I could leverage your “Save to Excel” functionality? Will I have to get it as an add-on from vaadin?
Also, in which folder should I put the vaadin styles.css so i can have color in my table or grid?
Thanks.

> how I could leverage your “Save to Excel” functionality?
You can try to replicate the functionality of the com.haulmont.cuba.gui.export.ExcelExporter class of the platform.
Or probably better use a Vaadin addon like [url=https://vaadin.com/directory#!addon/tableexport]Vaadin Add-on Directory
Here you can find instructions on how to add a Vaadin addon to your CUBA application.
> in which folder should I put the vaadin styles.css so i can have color in my table or grid?
Extend the Halo theme in your project as explained here and add your styles to halo-ext.scss