Does a Studio license come with dedicated support?

Hello,

We have recently bought a license for CUBA Studio, and I would like to inquire if we are entitled to dedicated support to some extent?

I would like to consult on how to best start our project given our requirements. I have checked out the “Quick Start” but it seems to be generic; I would like to be pointed to tutorials / documentation to specific features which we would like to develop for our project.

Thanks!

Hi,

No the studio license is just for using the software.

But there is dedicated support that can be bought from Halmont which will probably gvive you exacty what you described…

However: what you can do, and this is what a lot people do in fact: ask specific questions to specific problems you encounter while developing your stuff…

Bye
Mario

Hi Mario, thank you for the clarification.

Our high-level requirements are the following. if somebody could point us to links/documentation, it would be greatly appreciated. Suggestions are also most welcome :slight_smile:

1. Responsive Web application (Polymer?)
  2. Microservices-based back-end. These microservices will be used as integration endpoints to other services.
  3. Clustering. Also, are shared HTTP sessions between clusters (i.e., Hazelcast) supported in CUBA?
  4. CI / CD.

Thanks!

hi,

here are some related resources for the asked questions:

1. Polymer is the obvious choice as CUBA studio has default support for it. However as there is a build in REST API (or a custom one if you wish) you can do on the front-end side whatever you want, at least if you are willing to give up the ready to use components that ship with CUBA by default (like filter component, table etc.). I created an example with a plain bootstrap / jquery app but there are examples for angular out there. Also react is totally fine…,

2. I’m not really sure, what you mean by that and how it relates to CUBA. Perhaps you can clarify that a little bit…

3. Clustering is by default supported by CUBA. There is an explicit section about it in the CUBA docs. I also wrote a hands on article series on AWS ECS with clustered backends: Run CUBA on AWS ECS

4. CI / CD depends a little where you want to run your software and how you approach your CD pipeline. I wrote an article series with a particular stack (Gitlab + Rancher for the pipeline and Digitalocean for running, but especially for running can be anything else: AWS, Azure, GCP etc). You can find it here: Continuous delivery with Gitlab and Rancher. In fact it uses a CUBA app but actually it doesn’t really matter what to deploy…

But there are also other options. If you are more into PaaS you could try something like Cloud foundry with CUBA or in the CUBA docs you will find examples for Heroku. So there are several options to look for…

I hope this helps.
Bye
Mario

Hi Mario, thank you again for your insightful responses. And for the fact that you have a blog on CUBA :smile: Please see my comments below:

1. Good to know that custom front-ends could be done. For our project we’ll be staying with Polymer as we are new to CUBA.
  2. I have started reading the CUBA docs and I have come to know about the middleware tier. Can we run standalone microservice instances separate from the middleware tier? The idea is that, we need to run background services with just one instance running at all times. If we put them in the middleware tier and we do clustering, there would be duplicate background services running. Or does CUBA already has a solution for this? The microservices would also have a RESTful API so that we can call them.
  3. [quote=“mario, post:4, topic:3094, full:true”]
    I also wrote a hands on article series on AWS ECS with clustered backends: Run CUBA on AWS ECS
    [/quote] - This is great!
  4. We are using GitHub; could we use GitHub with Jenkins so that we could extend your solution on AWS above?

Thanks again!

we need to run background services with just one instance running at all times. If we put them in the middleware tier and we do clustering, there would be duplicate background services running.

If you mean some kind of scheduled execution and you are afraid of running multiple handlers of a single task (like asynchronous sending emails), there is a solution for this: “singleton schedulers” provided by CUBA. They work in HA deployment configurations and provide a guaranteed single execution. See description in the docs.

1 Like