Disabling BPM, Administration and help menu for other users Returns a Login Error

Hi this is dhanush,

We have created a project in CUBA Platform 6.5 and set some roles and restricted some screens, when we are denying the BPM, Administration and Help Screens to a particular user, the user login is returning an error. When these three screens are enabled then the login is successfully. But I wanted to deny these BPM, Administration and help Screens. Please can you clarify the this issue.

Thank You.

Hi,
could you, please, share the error log with us and clarify the particular version of the platform.

Hi,

here are the screenshots of the application.
now here i was trying to deny the screens for POTest role and assigned the role to testpo1 user.
when im trying to login with testpo1 user, its showing error popup message as Contact your administrator. when im allowing these BPM, Administration, Help screens then the login is successfully done.

Thank You!

test1

test2

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the problem. We will be able to help you if you send us a log file and the particular version of the platform used in the project.
You can check the version in Studio. Open the project properties section and click edit. The platform version will be displayed in the Platform version field.
To find the log files open the \build\tomcat\logs folder in your application folder on your computer. Please, share the app.log file to us

6.5.7 platform version

app.log is attached

app.log (167.9K)

The version of the platform is 6.5.7
the app.log file is attached below

app.log (167.9K)

Here is the exception from your log file. It seems that you have problems in the ExtAppMainWindow realisation in the line 287.

2017-09-21 12:33:57.377 WARN  [http-nio-8080-exec-29/app/anonymous] com.haulmont.cuba.web.app.loginwindow.AppLoginWindow - Unable to login java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at com.keansa.keansacloud.web.screens.ExtAppMainWindow.init(ExtAppMainWindow.java:287) ~[app-web-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:na]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.WindowManager.init(WindowManager.java:1043) ~[cuba-gui-6.5.7.jar:6.5.7]
	at com.haulmont.cuba.gui.WindowManager.initWrapperFrame(WindowManager.java:1032) ~[cuba-gui-6.5.7.jar:6.5.7]

Why i’m getting this NullPointerException only when i’m denying this BPM, Administration and Help Screen.
If I deny other my screens i’m not getting this NullPointerException error.

This problem does not depend on your Role restrictions. Please, try to debug your code to find out what causes the exception.

Yes, thank you!